New movies did not do so well this weekend at the box office as the heavy weights remained in commanding position.
- The Martian: $15,900,000 – Ridley Scott has once again ruled the weekend with this hit, coming from no.2 last weekend to no.1 this weekend. When will this awesome movie come to IMAX Kenya? We hope it does come soon.
- Goosebumps: $15,500,00 – Horror comedy about a kid who tries to save the town as scary characters from a book are unleashed into the world.
- Bridge of Spies: $11,300,00 – This is rumored to be an Oscar nominee movie and looks like Steven Spielsberg has made another winner inspired by a true story. Tom Hanks is tasked by the CIA during the Cold War to aid in their rescuing of a spy pilot who is being detained by the Russians.
- The Last Witch Hunter: Vin diesel is back as the last witch hunter. The movie is a complete disaster at $10,800,000 on its opening weekend. Is the world getting tired of witch stories?
- Hotel Transylvania 2: $9,000,00 is a solid income for the hilarious animation comedy sequel. It has grossed $142m total so far.
- Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension: $8,200,000 – Another horror failure on opening weekend.
- Steve Jobs: $7,200,00 – The second movie about the man who invented the iphone – Steve Jobs – did not do as well as Apple is doing in sales. The movie has great reviews but has a poor opening weekend.
- Crimson Peak: $5,500,000 on its second weekend. Its October horror month and the horror movies are not impressing at all in Holywood. A young author Edith Cushing (Mia Wasikowska) discovers that her charming new husband Sir Thomas Sharpe (Tom Hiddleston) is not who he appears to be.
- The Intern: $3,800,000 – 70 year-old widower Robert De Niro looks to get back in the game by accepting a senior internship position at an online fashion site founded and ran by Anne Hathaway. Looks interesting.
- Sicario: A film about an idealistic FBI agent (Blunt) is tasked to aid in the escalating war against drugs on the U.S.-Mexico border. Weekend gross $3,800,00.
If you liked this page, say thanks by sharing it